Buying a condo may be the right move for you if you answer ‘yes’ to most of the following:
- I like the fact that a condominium is an “instant community” and my neighbours won’t be far away.
- I want to participate in the running of the community with other condominium owners.
- I don’t want the hassle of shovelling snow, cutting grass, and other outdoor chores.
- I’ll use some of the condominium’s amenities.
- I understand that I will pay monthly fees for maintenance and repair of the condominium and will budget accordingly.
- I know there may be restrictions on the number of occupants in my unit, pets, noise, parking, etc.
- I’ll read through the condominium’s documents before I buy so there’ll be no surprises.
- I understand that a board of directors can make decisions on my behalf.
Provided by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Read the complete Condominium Buyer’s Guide.