Even though we’ve had a reprieve from colder temperatures, winter is still on the way, and you still have time to winterize your home.
Here are 5 easy ways to winterize and protect your investment:
- Seal up leaks in doors and windows with weather-stripping and/or caulk.
- Don’t heat an empty house! Invest in a programmable thermostat.
- Have your insulation checked to see if any needs to be added.
- Schedule a furnace and water heater tune-up. Remember to change furnace filters and consider insulating your water heater and exposed hot water pipes.
- Clean gutters and turn off the water to outside spigots. Drain the lines and check for pipes in unheated spaces to prevent frozen or broken pipes.